Saturday, August 22, 2009

KC182009 Pasta Salad

Photobucket

My summer garden is overflowing with fresh vegetables. One of my favorite things to make with the summer surplus is pasta salad. I like using tri color spiral pasta, sliced grape tomatoes, julienned red and yellow gypsy peppers, sliced cucumber, green olives stuffed with pimento, and chopped green onions.

Photobucket

To make the salad I first cooked the pasta until al dente. While the pasta cooked I cut the vegetables and tossed them in a large bowl with olive oil, champagne vinegar, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Sometimes I like to add a little dried Italian seasoning.

Photobucket

Once the pasta was cooked I drained it in a metal colander and ran it under cold water from the faucet. I also added about a cup of ice to help stop the pasta from cooking. I used a metal colander to better transfer away the heat.

Once the pasta had cooled I tossed it in a large bowl with olive oil, champagne vinegar, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Once the pasta was completely coated I tossed it together with the already dressed vegetables. I dress the vegetables separate from the pasta to be sure every thing is coated evenly.

This pasta salad is usually eaten within a matter of days but it will last in the refrigerator for a little over a week. Be sure to cover it and stir it well before each serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment