Sunday, August 2, 2009

KC172009 Pasta w/ Ricotta, Caramelized Onions, and Sautéed Green Beans

Photobucket

The other night for dinner I made elbo pasta with ricotta, caramelized onions, and sautéed green beans.

While waiting for the pasta water to boil, I chopped half of a large sweet Vidalia onion and sautéed it in a large skillet with olive oil on medium/ high heat until golden, about fifteen minutes.

Photobucket

To the skillet I added about a cup of green beans cut into bite size pieces that I had blanched earlier. I sautéed the green beans until tender, about 3 minutes.

Photobucket

I then added the cooked pasta and about half cup of the pasta water to the skillet with the green beans and onions. Keeping the burning on low heat I added about half cup of ricotta, 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper, 1/4 cup torn fresh basil, and salt to taste. I stirred the skillet constantly until all the ingredients were fully incorporated, about a minute or two. I removed the skillet from the heat and garnished with parmesan cheese.

Photobucket

I got the idea for this dish from a recipe I found in a magazine. The magazine called for sugar snap peas and lemon zest but I used green beans and lemon pepper instead. I had just harvest a bunch of green beans from the garden. While I was at the store picking up the ricotta and onion I forgot to grab a lemon and didn’t realize this until I was almost done cooking so I just used lemon pepper instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment