Monday, June 15, 2009

KC032009 Turket Salad with Champagne Vinegar

06152009

Photobucket

For lunch today I made a simple turkey salad. I used what I found in the pantry. There was a can of Valley Fresh White Turkey packed in water, a jar of capers, a can of Great Northern white beans, and half a red onion in the fridge. I drained the water from the can of turkey and tossed it into a large mixing bowl, breaking it up in to shreds with a fork. I drained the beans in a strainer and rinsed them thoroughly. I let them drain while I chopped them red onion finely and tossed it in with the turkey. I drained the capers and tossed them in as well. The capers only need to be rinsed if they are packed in salt. I then added the beans. I dressed the salad with about a tablespoon or two of extra virgin olive oil and about a table spoon or two of Champagne vinegar. I tossed combining all ingredients thoroughly and then added salt and pepper to taste. I served it on a toasted whole wheat hamburger bun and topped with Manchego cheese. I had vegetable chips and a simple fruit salad on the side.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment