Friday, June 26, 2009

KC112009 Penne Pasta with Sauteed Asparagus, Mushrooms, and Sausage

06262009

Photobucket

Last night for dinner we had penne pasta with sautéed mushrooms, asparagus, and chicken apple gouda sausage.

While the pasta water boiled I chopped up the white button mushrooms, asparagus, and sausage into bite size pieces. I tossed the asparagus with olive oil and salt and pepper.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I first sautéed the mushrooms in dash of olive oil until they lost most of their liquid. I added the asparagus stirring well to incorporate.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Just before I took the pasta off the stove to be drained, I added a couple of spoonfuls of the pasta water to the mushrooms and asparagus. I then added the sausage. These were already cooked so they just needed to be heated through. I also didn’t want the cheese to completely ooze out of the sausage.

Photobucket

Once the pasta was drained I added it to the mushroom mix, stirring thoroughly to ensure all the flavors marry with the pasta.

Photobucket

I served this dish topped with parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment