Monday, June 29, 2009

KC122009 Almond Encrusted Chicken Breast

06292009

Photobucket

Tonight for dinner we had chicken breast encrusted in chopped almonds with steamed brown basmati rice and blanched sugar snap peas. Also a salad with fresh mixed greens tossed with tomatoes, cucumber, green olives, and parmesan, dressed with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.

Photobucket

For the chicken I just quickly chopped the almonds in my food processor until they were a fine grain. I dressed the chicken breast in a hot honey soy sauce and then spooned the almonds over the chicken. I baked in a preheated 450 degree oven for about 24 minutes.

Photobucket

The rice was just steamed in an electric steamer for 45 minutes. I just added a little butter and salt and pepper to it. The sugar snap peas were quickly blanched and tossed with salt and pepper.

Photobucket

And for a quick dessert, I served low fat vanilla yogurt with fresh strawberries. I topped it with some of the chopped almonds and grated dark chocolate. I used the left over crepe pieces from breakfast the other day as a garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment